The Masonic War Memorial at the Western Cemetery in Arbroath.
The monument was dedicated on the 10th April 1921. Heading the procession was the RWPGM Bro Arthur J. Ramsay. He was accompanied by a large delegation from the PGL of Forfarshire and a large number of brethren of Daughter lodges in the province.
The Brethren marched from Lodge Panmure 299 in Hill Street to the Western Cemetery (this must have been a great spectacle to witness).
The dedication ceremony was carried out by Bro J S Cuthill of Lodge St Thomas 40. He was assisted by PG Chaplain Bro G Hitchcock honorary Chaplain of Lodge St Vigean 101.
The monument is made of grey granite from Dumfries and is in a prominent place in the cemetery next to the Allan Fraser Mausoleum. The combined lodges in the town have continued to hold their remembrance services at the Masonic monument for the past 94 years and it is still very well attended with over 60 masons regularly attending the service.
The 2015 Remembrance Ceremony