Since 1964 the Masonic Hall on Skipton Road in the town has been home to Faith, Hope and Charity, West Craven and Gillkirke Lodge of Mark Master Masons.
Built in 1845 by the Rev. Richard Milner, it was occupied by the Rev. Cannon Patten until his death in 1922.
However, time took its toll on the building and in 2016 plans for the redevelopment of the site were first mooted. Sadly, it was found the old building would be far too expensive to renovate and so plans were put in motion to build a new lodge on the site.
The original Masonic Hall
After some delays, asround 6,500 tonnes of soil were removed from the site during the excavation works, with much of it donated to Barnoldswick Juniors Football Club.
The new Masonic Hall is now exppected to be ready to fit out by mid-August.
Angus Brennan, from Barnoldswick Masonic Lodge, said: “Assuming that restrictions on meetings are lifted in September, West Craven Lodge will be the first to hold their meeting in the new Lodge room.
“Faith, Hope and Charity Lodge is currently scheduled to hold its centenary meeting on October 13th, and desperately hope that circumstances allow for this to go ahead. With the current coronavirus crisis in mind, none of these plans can be guaranteed yet we are ever hopeful.
The new hall under contruction
“All three Lodges in Barnoldswick look very much forward to taking possession of our new building, and celebrating that opening with much fanfare, guests, friends and family.”